The Hunter region of NSW has been the home of large scale electromotive engineering for a long time - now there's seeds of a smaller scale eMobility capability that address interesting logistics niches, enhancing the regions reputation as a hub of cleantech momentum. Our Kinetics service is just part of this local capability profile.
The Hunter EV Festival, run for many years by the team at the Tom Farrell Institute at University of Newcastle, helped showcase some of this local capability and build network connectivity. Whilst the festival has now transitioned to a new set of hands, there are local innovators active in the eMobility space that are making waves in smaller scale EV product development, with local entrepreneurs active in:
- development of EV retrofit kits for existing model dirtbikes;
- product enhancement and global distribution of eBike batteries, controllers and performance upgrades;
- eBike destination experience hire;
- development of custom offroad eBike + eMoto racing, ecotourism formats;
- sales + support of eMTBs across the region
With our roots in the Hunter region, we're working to grow awareness of this capacity for innovation, product engineering and support capabilities and to build network connectivity amongst the entrepreneurs looking to tomorrow. By drawing together the joint capability of our sister companies Laughing Mind (event activations, digital strategy) and Assemblient (operations, R+D management, compliance systems), we're able to offer incubation assistance to help reach local, national and global markets.